Sun, 18 Feb|
Steall Falls Wild Stravaig
As part of Fort William Mountain Festival join us for this very special stunning stravaig to Steall Falls and enjoy a wild yoga class in the meadows at the foot of the waterfall.
Time & Location
18 Feb 2024, 13:30 – 16:30
Fort William, Glen Nevis, Fort William PH33, UK
About the Event
Our afternoon combines a sociable guided walk to Steall Falls with wild mindful practices including yoga and chi gong. Our session finishes with hot drinks and tasty seasonal treats. Leave with body and mind energised and restored; your spirits lifted and a smile on your face!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Walking on rough and rocky paths with a steady climb through Nevis Gorge. The route is on well-made paths in beautiful scenery. It does involve rock steps and there are some steep drops at the side of the path.
- Learn simple mindful, grounding practices that will connect you with the energy of the season.
- Experience wild yoga and chi gong in one of the most beautiful places in Lochaber.
- Time for quiet reflection and meditation.
- The opportunity to share your experiences, chat and connect with like-minded people.
- Lots of fresh air, exercise, great company, stunning scenery and of course, cake!
WHERE DO WE MEET?
Meeting point: the carpark at the end of Glen Nevis. Please arrive fifteen minutes before the event start time.
HOW DO I CONTACT THE ORGANISERS?
Message Penny & Claire via Facebook or Instagram or call or text Penny on 07500 358279.
DO I NEED TO BE A MOUNTAIN GOAT OR YOGA EXPERT?
No experience of yoga or hillwalking is needed but a reasonable level of fitness will help you fully enjoy the experience.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
Remember this a winter stravaig so wear plenty of warm layers!
o Comfortable, stretchy trousers or leggings – not jeans (these are slow to dry and uncomfortable if they are wet).
o T-shirt/base layer (one that will ‘wick’ away moisture, preferably not cotton).
o Fleece top/mid layer.
o Thick socks.
o Sturdy shoes or walking boots – make sure these are well fitting, with good grip and ankle support.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
· Waterproof jacket with a hood.
· Waterproof trousers.
· Spare thermal/fleece layers (one or more depending on conditions).
· Warm hat and gloves.
· Mug to drink out of.
· Personal first aid kit/medication if required.
* WE PROVIDE MINI YOGA MATS FOR OUR STRAVAIGS & HOT WATER FOR TEA & CAKE *
ARE VEGANS CATERED FOR?
Our Stravaigs are catered with delicious seasonal vegetarian & vegan treats. Please let us know if you are gluten free or have any other requirements.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE WEATHER IS BAD?
This trip will go ahead in most weathers so please check the weather forecast and dress accordingly. If the weather forecast is especially severe (bad enough even to stop a wild yogi!), the event host will reserve the right to change the route to a more sheltered location lower down the glen or cancel.
Please make sure you read the WILD YOGA GLENCOE TERMS & CONDITIONS now as by booking you agree to these and our cancellation and refund policy.
STEALL FALLS WILD STRAVAIG£35.00
STEALL FALLS Early Bird£25.00