Sun, 08 Aug|
Creag Meagaidh National Nature Reserve
SUMMER WILD STRAVAIG
Join us on a journey to Coire Ardair, a remote lochan nestling under the steep cliffs of Creag Meagaidh. This is a beautiful place to practice Wild Yoga and Chi Gong and immerse yourself in the vastness of the mountain space.
Time & Location
08 Aug 2021, 09:30 – 15:00
Creag Meagaidh National Nature Reserve, Kinloch Laggan, Newtonmore PH20 1BX, UK
About the Event
Join us on a journey to Coire Ardair, a remote lochan nestling under the steep cliffs of Creag Meagaidh. This is a beautiful place to practice Wild Yoga and Chi Gong and immerse yourself in the vastness of the mountain space. Our trip will include a wild yoga class, some short mindful activities and the chance to learn more about summer living based on Traditional Chinese medicine.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Walking on a good path with a steady climb to the lochan. This is a moderate walk of about 12 km in total on well-made paths in beautiful scenery. We will leave the path and wander around the lochan on rough, boggy ground.
- Learn simple mindful, grounding practices that will connect you with the energy of the season.
- Experience wild yoga and chi gong in this awe-inspiring setting.
- Time for quiet reflection and meditation.
- The opportunity to share your experiences, chat and connect with like-minded people.
- Lots of fresh air, exercise, great company, stunning scenery and of course, cake!
- No experience of yoga or hillwalking is needed but a reasonable level of fitness will help you fully enjoy the experience.
- There will be an opportunity for a wild swim (or just dipping your toes in) at the lochan.
WHERE DO WE MEET?
The meeting point is 9.30am at Creag Meagaidh National Nature Reserve public carpark, Aberarder, Newtonmore PH20 1BX. Please arrive ten minutes before the event start time.
HOW DO I CONTACT THE ORGANISERS?
Message Penny & Claire via Facebook or Instagram. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call or text 07500 358279.
DO I NEED TO BE A MOUNTAIN GOAT OR YOGA EXPERT?
No experience of yoga or hillwalking is needed but a reasonable level of fitness will help you fully enjoy the experience.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
· Comfortable, stretchy trousers or leggings – not jeans (these are slow to dry and uncomfortable if they are wet).
· T-shirt/base layer (one that will ‘wick’ away moisture, preferably not cotton).
· Fleece top/mid layer.
· Thick socks.
· Sturdy shoes or walking boots – make sure these are well fitting, with good grip and ankle support.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
A rucksack containing the following:
· Waterproof jacket with a hood.
· Waterproof trousers.
· Spare thermal/fleece layers (one or more depending on conditions).
· Warm hat and gloves.
· Water-bottle or flask with drink.
· Packed lunch and spare snack.
· Mug to drink out of.
· Water bottle/drink.
· Personal first aid kit/medication.
· Sun cream.
· Midge repellent.
* WE PROVIDE MINI YOGA MATS FOR OUR STRAVAIGS & HOT WATER FOR A CUPPA *
OPTIONAL EXTRAS DEPENDING ON THE WEATHER
· Midge net.
· Sunhat/peaked cap.
· Swimsuit (in case you fancy a wild swim).
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE WEATHER IS BAD?
This trip will go ahead in most weathers so please check the weather forecast and dress accordingly. If the weather forecast is especially severe (bad enough even to stop a wild yogi!), the event host will reserve the right to cancel.
WILD YOGA GLENCOE TERMS & CONDITIONS
By booking an event with Wild Yoga Glencoe you agree to the following:
Taking part in a Wild Yoga Glencoe retreat is done at the participants own risk. All yoga classes are taught by fully qualified & insured yoga instructors. Outdoor adventures might present some physical and mental challenges, and carries with it the potential for death, serious injury and property loss. The risks may include but are not limited to: actions by other people, slipping on wet surfaces, tripping or falling, burns, hypothermia, lack of hydration, weather and/or other natural conditions. The event hosts assume no responsibility for anyone attending this event. The event host will not be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss occurring as a result of any event or in connection with travel to such event, however caused.
When you book a Wild Yoga Glencoe event, you indicate that you accept these conditions and accept that no legal liability is accepted by the event host should an accident or injury occur.
Participants in Wild Yoga Glencoe events are reminded that outdoor activities need specialist equipment (boots, waterproofs, etc) and we do not provide these. Participants are responsible for assessing their own risk, the safety of themselves and the suitability of any equipment used. All outdoor events are led by a fully qualified and insured Mountain Leader who will take final responsibility for route choice on the day taking into account the weather conditions and fitness of the group. While accepting no responsibility or liability, for outdoor events, the event host may, at their discretion, not admit you to join the walk or other event if in their opinion you are ill-equipped for the terrain and weather conditions.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
The ticket price is fully refundable if Wild Yoga Glencoe have to cancel for whatever reason.
If you are unable to attend please let us know as soon as possible and we will attempt to fill your place. In this case you will receive a refund minus a £5 admin fee. In the event that we are unable to fill your place we will give a refund of 50% of the ticket price.
PLEASE BE COVID AWARE & COMPLY WITH ALL CURRENT RESTRICTIONS
Please do not book on this event if you, or anyone in your household has any symptoms of covid, have tested positive, or are self-isolating. Please bring hand sanitizer and a face mask with you if you wish to wear one.
SUMMER WILD STRAVAIG TICKET